Well I have been a fanboy of Addy since I read the Developing Backbone.js Applications book. However I must say… Ohh I feel all giddy inside thinking about the prospect of this talk… am I ready, to be a master? I started watching this late one Friday evening as I drifted off to a peaceful sleep, dreaming about having the best performing client side apps in the world. I expect to come back to this a few times over the next several months as I have my own Ohh Snap! and He’s dead, Jim! moments.
My quick notes:
- Pristine Chrome Env… remove all your plugins when memory leak testing
- This is extremely obvious… but I almost never do it… do you?
- Use the trashcan in the Memory Timeline… it forces GC.
- Think twice before using delete in your code, you might be making things worse
- Sawtooth Curve…?? expect memory leak.